When coming home at 7PM or later, all you want is to get some rest, get comfortable in your couch and watch some tele.. Cooking is the last thing you feel like doing. Of course you want to eat healthy with lots of vitamins and vegetables, but it is so much easier to just put a Dr. Oetker pizza in the oven. This recipe is THE solution to such a problem. Fast, healthy and everyone can make it!
Two years ago a dutch friend of mine was studying in Antwerp. On one of our ‘girls nights’ we made this dish. She got the recipe from her brother, who had got to know it on one of his trips to Asia. And now it is my turn to give it to you..
INGREDIENTS (for 2 persons)
- 2 chicken fillets (cut into cubes)
- wok vegetables (you can buy a pre-fab mix at almost all grocery stores, or just buy some vegetables and chop them)
- 2 teaspoons of red curry (a mixture, not the powder)
- a small can of coconut milk
- 4 slices of pineapple
- Heat some peanut oil in a wok
- Fry the chicken into the heated oil.
- Add the vegetables when the chicken cubes are golden-brown. Let it stew.
- When the vegetables are cooked add the coconut milk.
- Add the red curry to your own taste. You can make it as spicy as you wish.
- Slice the pineapple into small pieces and add them as well.
- Before serving the dish add the cashews and the raisins (to your own taste).
- Serve with rice or noodles.